£0.00 0

No products in the basket.

What to do if services are refused/withdrawn

Some services are funded through EHCP, through the NHS or the LA education budget, if it is the latter you will need to ask the SEN/ALN/ASN team to assign funding/make referrals to the relevant team.
If a service is refusing on the grounds of being Home Educated, it is important to say, in writing, ‘you have a legal duty to all children regardless of the educational venue’.

No service can refuse to carry out assessments if you offer an alternative to school, i.e. Home Ed group, other social groups, at home etc.

You may need to ask the school nurse (they cover Home Educated children) or the GP to do a referral to a service.

Copyright © Educational Freedom
 All rights reserved.

Staffordshire website design and website SEO by Fellowship Studios.